“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Should I approach a home being sold ‘as is’ any differently from other listings?
- What’s your advice on how to approach a bidding war?
- I’m a first time buyer who has been looking for a while. My real estate professional has offered a rebate that would help me close the deal on a great property. Is there a downside to accepting the offer?
- We’re planning to buy our first home after we get married next month. What advice do you have?
- Is there a difference between a “term” and a “condition” of an offer?
- I’m in the market for my first home. What experts will I need during the process?
- Can you tell me what “mortgage fraud” is?
- I own a unique property that I need to sell soon. I’m considering selling it via auction instead of listing it with a real estate brokerage. What do I need to know before I make a decision?