Course name: Introduction to Commercial Leasing //
Are you looking to learn more about commercial real estate? RECO’s new MCE elective, Introduction to Commercial Leasing, follows the flow of a leasing transaction from both the landlord and tenant’s perspectives, and outlines what makes commercial leasing unique. For example, did you know that negotiations around a leasing relationship can be ongoing? A registrant may be brought back to renew a deal or broker a new one, even after signing.
In the landlord stream, you’ll learn how to:
- Navigate early analysis. What is there to know about the landlord’s property? What is its competitive advantage?
- Target marketing and conduct tours to the landlord’s ideal tenant.
- Manage negotiations. What is involved in negotiating favourable lease terms, screening tenants and receiving commitment from the parties to a lease?
In the tenant stream, you’ll learn how to:
- Navigate early analysis. What type of property does your tenant-client require?
- Identify suitable properties to match their unique needs.
- Manage negotiations to protect your tenant-client’s best interests.
Ready to learn about commercial leasing? Log into your RECO MyWeb account.