Notice of Continuing Education Fee – New
On August 1, 2013, the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) introduced a new online mandatory continuing education program available through RECO, with an associated fee.
On August 1, 2013:
- RECO introduced the new continuing education program, consisting of a mandatory online
RECO Real Estate Update course and two online elective courses for an all-inclusive fee of $44 per
two-year registration cycle. This fee represents a significant, overall cost reduction for required
continuing education courses.
- During the two-year transition period from August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2015, registrants can choose
to satisfy the continuing education requirement to renew their registration under the current
continuing education program or the new online program.
- However, effective August 1, 2013, OREA will cease to deliver the current mandatory RECO Real
Estate Update Course. Registrants requiring the RECO Real Estate Update course to satisfy
registration renewal requirements on or after August 1, 2013, will be required to complete the
new RECO Real Estate Update Course delivered online by RECO. The $44 fee will apply to the
Effective August 1, 2015:
- All registrants must move to the new mandatory continuing education program.
- The $44 fee was set and approved by RECO’s Board of Directors after careful consideration and
analysis. The fee was set on a cost-recovery basis, in keeping with fee setting process and criteria
established by the Provincial Government.