“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Can a real estate professional help me find a place to rent?
- I’m putting my home up for sale soon and would like to do most of the work myself. But I would still like to have it advertised on MLS. What do I need to know?
- I’m buying a home and want to rent out the basement. How do I ensure it’s legal?
- What is CMHC? And what does it have to do with my mortgage?
- How much of a deposit should I provide the seller when buying a home?
- My real estate representative told me I should consider title insurance when I buy a home. Is it really necessary? What does it cover?
- I put my home up for sale but my circumstances have changed and I no longer want to sell it. What is the difference between suspending and cancelling my listing agreement with the brokerage?
- I’m selling my house, but I’ve heard that you shouldn’t have a pet around when your home is on the market. Is that true? I don’t want to send my cat away.