“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- It seems like buying or selling a home requires a lot of paperwork. What can I expect?
- I’m selling my home and my salesperson has offered to lower their commission if the buyer is represented by them as well. Is that allowed?
- I’m purchasing a home and before the deal closes there will be a home inspection. What do I need to know about the inspection process?
- I’ve made my offer to buy a home conditional on a home inspection. But how do I choose a home inspector? There are so many options.
- My family is in the market for a home, and we’re considering a lot of older neighbourhoods. I’m worried we’ll end up in a house with lead pipes. How can I find out before I buy?
- I found a great home and my offer has been accepted. What do I do now?
- Do I have to sign a buyer representation agreement?
- I’m looking to buy a house and I’ve heard that sometimes not all of the appliances and light fixtures are included in the sale. How do I know what stays and what goes?