“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’ve already signed the paperwork to sell my house, but now I need to change the closing date. Can I change the Agreement of Purchase and Sale after the fact?
- What steps can I take to protect myself against buying a former marijuana grow-op?
- As a buyer, how do I know the information from the online listing is accurate? If it isn’t, is there anything I can do about it?
- Should I approach a home being sold ‘as is’ any differently from other listings?
- What’s your advice on how to approach a bidding war?
- I’m a first time buyer who has been looking for a while. My real estate professional has offered a rebate that would help me close the deal on a great property. Is there a downside to accepting the offer?
- We’re planning to buy our first home after we get married next month. What advice do you have?
- Is there a difference between a “term” and a “condition” of an offer?