“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- We’ve been through the home buying process, but what about selling? Is it harder to be on that side of the transaction? What do we need to know to protect ourselves?
- I just bought a home – where do I go for advice about moving companies and the renovations I’m going to need to do once I move in?
- If I buy a house, how do I know if the appliances are included?
- I’m selling my home and have heard conflicting information about whether to host an open house. What do I need to know?
- How do I protect myself from buying a house that has been used for growing marijuana or manufacturing illegal drugs?
- We found the perfect house and want to make an offer, but have been told there are several other people who have made offers. Can I see these other offers?
- I heard there are new rules about how real estate professionals handle offers. How will this affect me when I buy a home?
- I put down a large deposit when I bought my home, but the closing date is six months away. The brokerage holding the deposit has to pay me interest on it, right?