“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I just submitted an offer for a house, and I want to get started on renovations ASAP. Can I bring my general contractor to a pre-closing visit?
- If I sign a Buyer Representation Agreement, what are my responsibilities?
- My wife and I are thinking about buying a bigger house. Which comes first: buying the new home, or selling our current house? (Part Two)
- My wife and I are thinking about buying a bigger house. Which comes first: buying the new home, or selling our current house? (Part One)
- I’m getting ready to make an offer on a home. What’s next? Could you please provide some pre-closing tips and ideas?
- I just accepted an offer for my house. What comes next?
- I’m seriously thinking about buying a house that has a tenant, but I want to move in myself without becoming a landlord. What are my options?
- There’s a house I like, but my agent is hit-or-miss about returning my calls and emails. The seller’s rep seems nice, so can I contact her myself for more detailed information?