“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I recently inherited the family cottage and I want to put it up for sale. Are there special considerations for selling a cottage?
- My real estate salesperson has suggested we hold an open house. Are there some steps my family can take to protect our privacy and security?
- Detached… semi-detached… townhouse…link home… what do these terms mean, and how do I find the right home for me when real estate jargon isn’t always easy to understand?
- I’m thinking about buying my first house this spring. How do I get started?
- My husband and I want to put our house up for sale this spring, but it all seems so overwhelming. How should we get started?
- My real estate rep asked to see my driver’s licence. Was this really necessary? I’m always concerned about identity theft.
- How does somebody avoid becoming a victim of mortgage fraud?
- I’m thinking about getting a home inspection before I list my house. How do I find a competent home inspector?