“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I just accepted an offer for my house. What comes next?
- I’m seriously thinking about buying a house that has a tenant, but I want to move in myself without becoming a landlord. What are my options?
- There’s a house I like, but my agent is hit-or-miss about returning my calls and emails. The seller’s rep seems nice, so can I contact her myself for more detailed information?
- What sort of questions should I ask before I sign a listing agreement? Part 2
- What sort of questions should I ask before I sign a listing agreement? Part 1
- If I sign a Buyer Representation Agreement, can my salesperson show me a home where they also represent the seller?
- What is a buyer representation agreement, and what do I need to know before I sign one?
- What’s the difference between a condo and a co-op?