“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Before I purchase a home, how do I determine what it will cost me each month to carry it?
- I have just accepted a conditional offer on my house. Can I still look at other offers?
- Now that the New Year is here, what trends do you see for home buyers and sellers for 2016?
- Looking ahead to the New Year, what advice do you have for people who are thinking about buying a home?
- I’m putting my house on the market soon, but I’ve never been through the selling process before. How do I get started?
- I’ll be selling my home soon and noticed that some sales representatives advertise extra specializations and letters after their names. How important are those? Which ones should I look for?
- What do you wish you’d known the last time you bought a home?
- We’ve been out of the real estate market for nearly 30 years and we’re starting to think about downsizing. Anything we should keep in mind as we start that process?