“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’m thinking about buying a house and I’m worried about defects. How do I ensure I don’t buy a property with serious defects? (Part One – patent defects)
- I’m thinking about purchasing a home that includes a basement apartment, and I’m concerned it might not be legal. How should I proceed?
- Does RECO regulate the entire real estate industry? Are there limits to what RECO can do for consumers?
- I just submitted an offer for a house, and I want to get started on renovations ASAP. Can I bring my general contractor to a pre-closing visit?
- If I sign a Buyer Representation Agreement, what are my responsibilities?
- My wife and I are thinking about buying a bigger house. Which comes first: buying the new home, or selling our current house? (Part Two)
- My wife and I are thinking about buying a bigger house. Which comes first: buying the new home, or selling our current house? (Part One)
- I’m getting ready to make an offer on a home. What’s next? Could you please provide some pre-closing tips and ideas?