“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Why should I use a real estate brokerage if I buy or sell a home? Why can’t I do it myself?
- My husband and I want to buy an older second home, fix it up, and sell it for a profit. Should we be aware of any special considerations?
- What sort of complaints does RECO receive about salespeople and brokers, and how do you deal with them?
- I’m looking to rent an apartment in Toronto and I’m not having much luck. Can a real estate salesperson help me find a place?
- My wife and I are thinking of selling our home next spring. How long might the process take, and can you offer any advice on getting started?
- What happens when you’re buying a house and damage occurs after you made your offer?
- I recently met a young lady who offered to help me sell my house. How do I know if she’s a legitimate real estate agent?
- I’m selling my home, and I’m underwhelmed by my salesperson’s marketing plan. She’s the expert, so should I keep quiet and go along with it?