“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- My husband and I purchased a home, but our closing date is fast approaching and the sellers are still working on major repairs to the house. Can we change the closing date?
- We bought a house and, between signing the deal and moving day, the eavestroughs were damaged in a storm. Is the seller responsible for fixing them since they still owned the house when it happened?
- The seller’s representative refused to present my bully offer. How can that be?
- What can I do to protect myself as a first-time homebuyer?
- It seems like bidding wars move so fast and they can be an emotional roller coaster. How can I avoid making a mistake that I’ll regret later on?
- As a buyer or seller, what should I know before agreeing to multiple representation?
- I am intending to buy a home soon. What’s the best way to find a real estate salesperson who will work well with me?
- How do I know the information being provided in the listing is accurate?