The Governance Committee is a Board Committee established pursuant to Section 2.11 of By-Law No. 1. The purpose of the Committee is to assess RECO’s governance development and practices in accordance with leading practices, adopted policies, current strategic goals or as directed by the Board and make recommendations on these matters to the Board.
Chair and Membership
The Governance Committee consists of the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors and at least two other directors appointed by the Board.
Michael Beard, CEO
Joseph Richer, Registrar
Mike Prime, Vice President, Corporate Services (Interm)
Sandra Gibney, Director, Strategic Initiatives & Stakeholder Relations
Andria Cordovez Mulet, Manager, Office of the CEO & Executive Assistant
Duties, Functions or Responsibilities
- To identify and recommend approaches to strategic planning
- To review and recommend governance policy issues including the Board of Directors election process
- To review and make recommended changes to existing policies that are contained in the Board Governance Manual
- To review and make recommendations related to the Board composition and effectiveness, including training and development
- To ensure the integrity of elections
- Other matters delegated by the Board of Directors