“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- What happens if the home inspection uncovers unexpected repairs?
- The last time I bought a house, I was given 10 days to meet the conditions, but this time I was told it was only five days. Is this something we can negotiate?
- What kind of education does a real estate salesperson receive? How can I be sure they have the knowledge they need to help me sell my home?
- After I bought my house, I asked my insurer to provide coverage for the property. They refused to insure it. What can we do?
- My house is for sale and I’ve just accepted a conditional offer. What happens if I get another offer that is more appealing?