“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- What happens if the home inspection uncovers unexpected repairs?
- The last time I bought a house, I was given 10 days to meet the conditions, but this time I was told it was only five days. Is this something we can negotiate?
- What kind of education does a real estate salesperson receive? How can I be sure they have the knowledge they need to help me sell my home?
- After I bought my house, I asked my insurer to provide coverage for the property. They refused to insure it. What can we do?
- My house is for sale and I’ve just accepted a conditional offer. What happens if I get another offer that is more appealing?