“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I walked through an open house and would like to make an offer on the place. I am not currently working with a real estate professional. Can I represent myself?
- We’ve been through the home buying process, but what about selling? Is it harder to be on that side of the transaction? What do we need to know to protect ourselves?
- I just bought a home – where do I go for advice about moving companies and the renovations I’m going to need to do once I move in?
- If I buy a house, how do I know if the appliances are included?
- I’m selling my home and have heard conflicting information about whether to host an open house. What do I need to know?
- How do I protect myself from buying a house that has been used for growing marijuana or manufacturing illegal drugs?
- We found the perfect house and want to make an offer, but have been told there are several other people who have made offers. Can I see these other offers?
- I heard there are new rules about how real estate professionals handle offers. How will this affect me when I buy a home?