“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I own a unique property that I need to sell soon. I’m considering selling it via auction instead of listing it with a real estate brokerage. What do I need to know before I make a decision?
- I’m in the market for my first home. What experts will I need during the process?
- What happens if the registered real estate professional is a relative of the buyer or the seller? Is this allowed?
- I’m house hunting and heard that it’s important to check the radon levels in a home. How do I do that and what should I be looking out for?
- I’ll be looking for my first home soon, and I’m trying to wrap my head around the difference between RECO and Tarion. Can you help me sort it out?
- I’m getting married in a few months and we want to buy our first home, likely a condo. Is buying a condo any different from buying a house?
- What happens if the home inspection uncovers unexpected repairs?
- The last time I bought a house, I was given 10 days to meet the conditions, but this time I was told it was only five days. Is this something we can negotiate?