“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I purchased a home located a few hours from where I currently live. I had a home inspection and was satisfied with the report. Is it necessary for me to do a final walk-through?
- My wife and I recently fell in love with an older house that probably needs a lot of work because it’s being sold “as is.” What should we know before we make an offer?
- I think I’ve found the right salesperson to sell my home, what’s the next step in the process?
- I want to sell my home later this year, and I’m aware of some issues. What do I need to disclose to potential buyers?
- We’re making an offer on a home, now what?
- What does the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) do? How does it serve the public?
- I’m thinking it’s time to upsize to a bigger home. Is it a better idea to buy the new home before I sell my current place, or vice-versa?
- I’m thinking about buying my first home this year. What can you tell me about putting down a deposit, and how much will a deposit cost me?