“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- How should I choose a real estate agent?
- What do I need to know about buying a cottage?
- What are some of the costs I should plan for when buying or selling a home?
- How do real estate agents verify the identity of buyers and sellers?
- What happens if I find a problem with the roof that was covered with snow when I bought the house?
- What are a seller’s obligations during a real estate transaction?
- My partner and I are retired and want to downsize. Where should we begin?
- How can real estate agents support homebuyers with cultural or religious needs?