“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- How soon after buying a home can I sell it?
- What do I need to know about renting to own?
- Can I take photos or videos at a home showing?
- Can agents buy a home if they can’t sell it?
- How are RECO, Tarion and the HCRA different?
- Ask your agent about lockbox security protocols
- Verify that your new condo is a legal build
- Can I cancel a real estate deal before closing?