“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Is it more challenging to sell a home in the winter?
- What’s your advice for someone attending a property showing?
- What should I consider when selling or buying a home?
- What does it take to become a real estate agent?
- If I don’t give my deposit to the brokerage, does it cancel the deal?
- What happens if I find a burial ground on my property?
- Should I sell before I buy, or vice versa?
- Joe’s top tips at ten