“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Are rental items like the furnace and water heater transferable when I buy a new house?
- I want to sell my rental property. What are the responsibilities of my real estate representative?
- What are “terms and conditions” in a real estate offer? Are they two different things?
- What do I need to know about putting in an offer on an estate sale?
- I’m a tenant in a house that’s being sold. Now that many COVID-related restrictions have been lifted, how can I ensure that showings are still being done as safely as possible?
- Now that Ontario is gradually relaxing its COVID-19 restrictions, does this mean we will go back to how we used to buy or sell a home?
- I’m contemplating selling my home by myself instead of working with a real estate professional. What do I need to consider before making this decision?
- I am thinking of buying a home and I keep hearing advice that I should look for a property that “meets my needs.” What does this really mean?