“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- What’s the difference between a market analysis, an appraisal, and an assessment, and which one should I use to set a listing price when I sell my home next year?
- My daughter wants to buy a preconstruction condo. Can a real estate salesperson assist her?
- Do I need to know if a law has been broken before I file a complaint with RECO? What happens after a complaint has been filed?
- I’m moving to Ottawa but I really like my Guelph-based real estate salesperson. Can I use her to help me buy my home in Ottawa?
- Why should I use a real estate brokerage if I buy or sell a home? Why can’t I do it myself?
- My husband and I want to buy an older second home, fix it up, and sell it for a profit. Should we be aware of any special considerations?
- What sort of complaints does RECO receive about salespeople and brokers, and how do you deal with them?
- I’m looking to rent an apartment in Toronto and I’m not having much luck. Can a real estate salesperson help me find a place?