“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- My partner and I are divorcing and selling our home. Can we hire separate real estate agents?
- I have a tenant in an apartment in the home I want to sell. What are the responsibilities of my real estate agent when it involves the sale of a property that has a rental unit?
- Which parts of a home are best to renovate?
- Given the current real estate market, what advice do you have for first-time homebuyers?
- Given the current economic conditions in Ontario, is it better to buy or rent?
- What do I need to know about real estate title fraud?
- What do I need to know about real estate-related fraud?
- Would you recommend buying a home with a rental unit?