“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- What are a seller’s obligations during a real estate transaction?
- My partner and I are retired and want to downsize. Where should we begin?
- How can real estate agents support homebuyers with cultural or religious needs?
- New Year’s resolutions for buying and selling
- Who is responsible if damage happens to a home between purchase and closing?
- When I attend open houses, why do I get asked if I’m working with an agent?
- What were my top tips in 2022?
- What is the purpose of the Auditor General’s audit of RECO?