“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’ve heard the provincial government wants to reform the laws governing real estate salespeople and brokerages. What sort of changes are being considered?
- My mother recently passed away, and I inherited her home in Cornwall (I’m in Mississauga). I’d like to sell the place, so how should I get started?
- I’d like to buy a condo, and a real estate brokerage has offered me the choice of signing with them either as a client or as a customer. Which one should I choose?
- I’m getting ready to sell my home, and I’m thinking about handling it myself. Is there a way I can get it listed on Realtor.ca?
- I bought a home several months ago, and yet the listing photos are still online in an advertisement placed by the seller’s brokerage. Can RECO help me get them taken down?
- I’m ready to sell my cottage. Can I work with both a Toronto brokerage and a local brokerage?
- Based on the feedback you received last year, what were the most popular Ask Joe columns in 2018?
- My New Year’s resolution is to buy a condo in 2019. I’ve never bought property before, so how do I get started?