“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’m going through a divorce, are two agents allowed to represent both myself and my soon-to-be ex in selling our home? How does this change the process of selling a property?
- I’m looking to sell my property; it has an apartment with a washroom and small kitchenette – can I ask my salesperson to include “separate apartment” in the listing?
- I am looking for a salesperson to help me sell my house. I recently contacted a brokerage that advertises that if they don’t find a buyer for your home, they will buy it. How does this work and how can I be sure that I’m getting top dollar for my property?
- I recently mentioned that I’m house hunting to someone and they suggested that I ask my salesperson about “stigmas”. What were they referring to?
- I’m planning to buy a home this year. I’ve never bought property before, what steps should I take in getting started?
- My husband and I are empty nesters and we have decided to sell our house after almost 40 years. What steps should we take?
- I recently bought a small, vacant apartment building. Can my real estate salesperson help me find tenants?
- I purchased a home located a few hours from where I currently live. I had a home inspection and was satisfied with the report. Is it necessary for me to do a final walk-through?