“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- My property will be listed for sale in a couple of weeks. I’ve worked with my salesperson to establish COVID-19 safety protocols. Are there other safety considerations that I should be addressing?
- I’ve sold my place and will be moving out of the province. I’m not taking most of my furniture with me. Can I leave it for the new owners?
- I’m a dog owner and looking to leave my house for a condo. How can I know that having dogs in my new condo won’t be a problem?
- I recently read an article that said we’re in a “Seller’s Market”. What does that mean?
- I’m looking to purchase a home in a historic district, but I want to be sure that it isn’t haunted. Do you have any advice that you could share?
- I’m selling my renovated condo suite and I’m being asked by a buyer for permits and records of the work done. What should I do?
- I bought a condominium unit, pre-construction. My financial circumstances have changed significantly and I now need to sell it. What should I know?
- I recently looked at a home that is for sale mid-renovation. I don’t mind taking on having the work completed, but how do I know if what has been done is to code?