“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- What happens to the deposit when a deal fails?
- How does a cooling market affect you?
- Agents can collect home inspector referral fees
- Can I list my home on an MLS® without an agent?
- Rising rates can affect your mortgage search
- How do I decide the best time to sell my home?
- What to know about buying a power-of-sale home
- How soon after buying a home can I sell it?