“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- List price vs sale price: Know the difference
- Are bully offers legal?
- Do buyers ever pay real estate commissions?
- I’m buying a fixer-upper to reno and sell. What should I know?
- I’m planning to sell my house. What are some things I should know first?
- Should I buy a house that may be haunted? I’m interested in a historical home but there are rumours of paranormal activity.
- What does RECO do?
- I’m thinking about buying a home. What professionals should I consider working with?