“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Joe answers questions from readers on a variety of topics including protecting your deposit, bully offers, bidding wars and how real estate agents get paid.
Ask Joe columns are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Seek the counsel of a real estate lawyer and salesperson on questions regarding your own real estate transactions.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’m selling my home and I’ve invested a lot of money and effort in my landscaping. Can I take some of my plants with me when I move?
- I am about to put in an offer on a home. Should I make my offer conditional on a home inspection?
- I’m looking into buying a home, and I’ve come across RECO, TRREB, OREA and CREA. What are these organizations?
- Do you have any tips on preparing for an open house?
- I’m selling my home, and my real estate agent will be taking a vacation soon. Should I be concerned?
- My partner and I are divorcing and selling our home. Can we hire separate real estate agents?
- I have a tenant in an apartment in the home I want to sell. What are the responsibilities of my real estate agent when it involves the sale of a property that has a rental unit?
- Which parts of a home are best to renovate?