REBBA 2002 & regulations, code of ethics
In Ontario, the provincial government writes the rules that real estate salespeople, brokers and brokerages must follow, and RECO enforces those rules on the government’s behalf. Below, find legislation and regulations that govern RECO and the real estate profession.
- The Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (REBBA) is the legislation that real estate salespersons, brokers and brokerages must follow. Associated regulations are in the links below.
- Code of ethics
- Ontario regulation 581/05
- Ontario regulation 568/05
- Ontario regulation 579/05
- REBBA 2002 General Regulation – Ontario regulation 567/05
- Administrative Agreement with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Safety and Consumer Statutes Administration Act
- Safety and Consumer Statutes Administration Act General Regulation