Web Content Strategist
RECO will conduct virtual interviews and new hires will work remotely until it is deemed safe for all staff to return to the office. All staff are required to reside within the GTA.
The Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) is seeking a Web Content Strategist. We have one (1) contract position open for a period of 12 months with a possibility of extension, available for an immediate start.
As Ontario’s real estate regulator, RECO administers the legislation that governs the real estate industry in the province. This means that real estate registrants (sometimes referred to as “real estate agents” by the public) must be registered under the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (REBBA 2002) in order to trade in real estate, and it is also our role to enforce this legislation that they must follow. We do this work on behalf of the government of Ontario, protecting the public interest through a fair, safe and informed marketplace.
With just over 150 employees, RECO is a small but dynamic work environment where work-life balance is valued. A career at RECO is a challenging, satisfying and rewarding experience. We have a collegial team of employees who welcome new people and new ideas with enthusiasm and warmth. Our employees enjoy attractive benefits plans, professional development programs, advancement possibilities, and the opportunity to contribute collectively to the regulation of the real estate industry and protection of the Ontario consumer.
Under the direction of the Director, External Relations, the Web Content Strategist will support and advance RECO’s strategic goals.
This position is responsible for producing content strategy deliverables including a comprehensive content audit and web content development to enhance the user experience; writing, editing and posting engaging copy for website and intranet; working with external vendors and internal stakeholders on site design, usability, content planning and development, and consulting on SEO and page rankings aligned with benchmarks.
This is an integral role that focuses on these key responsibilities:
- Work with the project manager and cross-functional project team to build and manage a content strategy and content audit plan for the organization’s public website.
- Write and edit engaging content following best practices for new website to ensure useful and usable content that is appropriate in tone and consistent in editorial voice and brand.
- Work closely with External Relations team and web development company to build new site.
- Conduct website audit with internal and external stakeholders to identify and create engaging content for various audiences, including real estate professionals and consumers.
- Ensure website content uses best practices for web writing, improving the user experience and adhering to accessibility standards (AODA).
- Act as content manager for the external website to build and maintain a consistent brand identity.
- Provide back-up support for website and intranet updates.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism, English, digital communications, or a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience working on web content creation and mapping strategy with strong writing, editing and attention-to-detail skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian Press style guide and grammar.
- Minimum three years in the management of digital communications initiatives, including website redevelopment/redesign, web writing, content migration, content strategy and brand strategy.
- Ability to multitask and work with a variety of stakeholders with a high degree of tact, and to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to analyze a large volume of complex information and develop logical structure and processes to organize and optimize the user experience (content inventory, audit and mapping).
- Experience with accessibility testing and working knowledge of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Excellent written communication, proofreading and editing skills.
- Solid experience using web content management systems (CMS) to produce and publish content (e.g., WordPress, Xperience Kentico, Drupal).
- Knowledge of SEO tools, optimization tactics, testing and web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Strong communications skills to clearly communicate between multiple parties with varied levels of technical understanding.
- Strong relationship builder who is a quick learner and able to think on their feet.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high standards to deliver quality and strategic results.
- Graphic design and video skills are an asset.
- Experience in a regulatory environment is an asset.
- Expertise in social media strategy and execution is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of REBBA 2002 and regulations and related procedures and processes is an asset.
Posting date: September 28, 2021
Closing date: October 8, 2021
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed outline of experience specifically addressing RECO’s needs along with salary expectations. Please direct applications in confidence by October 8, 2021 to: Human Resources at email@example.com.
RECO is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.