Become a Broker
To become a registered real estate broker in Ontario, you must complete registration education courses administered on behalf of RECO by the Ontario Real Estate Association Real Estate College.
You must complete two courses:
- Real Estate Broker Course
- One elective:
- If you have not previously completed The Commercial Real Estate Transaction, you must select it as your elective course.
- If you have already completed The Commercial Real Estate Transaction, you may choose one of these following courses. However you cannot choose a course that you already completed during your articling period:
- Principles of Appraisal
- Principles of Mortgage Financing
- Principles of Property Management
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
Once you have successfully completed the courses, you must apply to register as a broker within 12 months of completing the Real Estate Broker Course examination.
Note that to register as a broker you must have been employed as a salesperson for at least 24 of the 36 months preceding your application date.