Apply for RECO’s Discipline and Appeal Committees to help protect the integrity of the profession
RECO’s Discipline and Appeals Committees handle cases where RECO believes that a registrant has breached the Code of Ethics.
RECO is currently seeking registrants who are interested in serving on the committees. Those selected for the committees will then have the opportunity to serve on panels for hearings and appeals.
Applicants for the committees should:
- be currently registered and have been registered for at least three of the last five years;
- possess impartiality, good judgment, outstanding integrity, ability to fairly assess cases involving issues regarding conflicting evidence and the assessment of credibility;
- have a knowledge of RECO’s mandate, the Code of Ethics, REBBA and the Statutory Powers Procedure Act;
- have an understanding of the justice system and administrative law and the concepts of fairness and natural justice or a willingness to be trained; and
- possess demonstrated analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities and decision-making experience with another administrative body, board, council or other tribunal.
Applicants must be willing to make the time commitment to be an active committee member, by attending training sessions, seminars, meetings and hearings. Applicants should also be willing to travel to Toronto and to other parts of Ontario, if necessary.
Applicants will also be required to provide a criminal record check prior to their appointment to the Discipline or Appeals Committees.
Committee members receive an honorarium and are reimbursed for related expenses.
Click here for the application form, along with a full list of selection criteria. The closing date for applications is Friday, August 3, 2018.