“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- My partner and I are separating and want to sell our home. We can’t agree on the salesperson. Can we use different agents?
- My salesperson took me to see a condo, but we were denied entry because he didn’t have his RECO certificate. What is that?
- I’m selling my home. Is there a way I can list it on realtor.ca, but still do most of the selling work myself?
- Can I host an open house on my home if my salesperson is not available?
- What does a seller’s rep have to disclose to me as a buyer about a house?
- If I’m interested in purchasing a home, what does the seller have to disclose to me about the property?
- I’m going to put my home on the market and look for a new one in 2017. Any tips?
- I’m selling my home, but my salesperson has told me that she is taking two weeks off over the holidays. She said somebody else at the brokerage will help me with the sale during that time. Is that allowed?