“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Detached… semi-detached… townhouse…link home… what do these terms mean, and how do I find the right home for me when real estate jargon isn’t always easy to understand?
- I’m thinking about buying my first house this spring. How do I get started?
- My husband and I want to put our house up for sale this spring, but it all seems so overwhelming. How should we get started?
- My real estate rep asked to see my driver’s licence. Was this really necessary? I’m always concerned about identity theft.
- How does somebody avoid becoming a victim of mortgage fraud?
- I’m thinking about getting a home inspection before I list my house. How do I find a competent home inspector?
- I’d like to have a home inspector check out a property before I make an offer. The seller says she hired a home inspector and there’s nothing wrong with the place. Should I take her word for it?
- I don’t like the idea of nosy neighbours touring my home during an open house. Can I bar them from my Open House?