“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’m interested in becoming a real estate salesperson. How do I start?
- What are the pros and cons of working with a real estate agent instead of selling my home myself?
- I want to put my house up for sale. Do all listing sales reps offer Open Houses? Or is this something I have to request?
- What are the key terms I should know before I sign an agreement with a real estate rep to buy a home?
- My salesperson needs to take a leave from work for personal reasons, so she can no longer help me sell my home. What happens now?
- I agreed to buy a pre-construction condo from a builder, but I’m having second thoughts. What kind of penalty is there for backing out of the purchase?
- I’m looking to enter the real estate market for the first time in 30 years. What are some common mistakes that I should avoid? Part 5
- I’m looking to enter the real estate market for the first time in 30 years. What are some common mistakes that I should avoid? Part 4