“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- What happens when you’re buying a house and damage occurs after you made your offer?
- I recently met a young lady who offered to help me sell my house. How do I know if she’s a legitimate real estate agent?
- I’m selling my home, and I’m underwhelmed by my salesperson’s marketing plan. She’s the expert, so should I keep quiet and go along with it?
- With marijuana about to be legalized, I’m concerned about buying a former grow-op. Does the seller need to disclose this information?
- I’m buying a house, and I’ve found a great salesperson who wants me to sign a BRA. Is this just a formality?
- I’m looking to sell my house and my parents think I should hire their old friend Angela. Is one agent pretty much the same as any other agent?
- I bought a house earlier in the summer and I just discovered that the furnace needs to be replaced. What are my options?
- If I sign a Listing Agreement, what are my responsibilities?