“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- There’s a house I like, but my agent is hit-or-miss about returning my calls and emails. The seller’s rep seems nice, so can I contact her myself for more detailed information?
- What sort of questions should I ask before I sign a listing agreement? Part 2
- What sort of questions should I ask before I sign a listing agreement? Part 1
- If I sign a Buyer Representation Agreement, can my salesperson show me a home where they also represent the seller?
- What is a buyer representation agreement, and what do I need to know before I sign one?
- What’s the difference between a condo and a co-op?
- I recently inherited the family cottage and I want to put it up for sale. Are there special considerations for selling a cottage?
- My real estate salesperson has suggested we hold an open house. Are there some steps my family can take to protect our privacy and security?