“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- How much of a deposit should I provide the seller when buying a home?
- My real estate representative told me I should consider title insurance when I buy a home. Is it really necessary? What does it cover?
- I put my home up for sale but my circumstances have changed and I no longer want to sell it. What is the difference between suspending and cancelling my listing agreement with the brokerage?
- I’m selling my house, but I’ve heard that you shouldn’t have a pet around when your home is on the market. Is that true? I don’t want to send my cat away.
- I’m looking to buy a condo, but I’ve got two dogs. I know that many condos don’t allow pets. How can I make sure I find a place that’s a good fit?
- What are some of the things I should consider when looking for a recreational property to buy?
- We’re expecting our first child soon, and so we’re looking to get a bigger place. What do I need to know?
- I have read about people finding what may be human remains on their property. What is my obligation as a landowner if this happened to me?