“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’m trying to buy a house and my real estate representative isn’t meeting my expectations with the house hunt. What can I do about it?
- I’m buying a home where the listing salesperson is from the same brokerage as my salesperson. Is there anything I should be concerned about?
- We’re thinking about downsizing to a smaller home. Having been out of the real estate market for many years, how do we find a representative to help us buy and sell?
- My real estate professional is offering a rebate if we I work with them to buy a home. Is that allowed?
- Can a real estate professional help me find a place to rent?
- I’m putting my home up for sale soon and would like to do most of the work myself. But I would still like to have it advertised on MLS. What do I need to know?
- I’m buying a home and want to rent out the basement. How do I ensure it’s legal?
- What is CMHC? And what does it have to do with my mortgage?