“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- I’ve been dealing with identity theft and I’m worried about my home. Can the thief sell my house without my consent?
- What are the benefits of working with a realtor to find a rental?
- My mother’s neighbourhood, where she’s lived in the same house for 50 years, has become very popular. She’s constantly approached by home buyers and real-estate agents who want her to sell. What should she do?
- My partner and I are separating and want to sell our home. We can’t agree on the salesperson. Can we use different agents?
- My salesperson took me to see a condo, but we were denied entry because he didn’t have his RECO certificate. What is that?
- I’m selling my home. Is there a way I can list it on realtor.ca, but still do most of the selling work myself?
- Can I host an open house on my home if my salesperson is not available?
- What does a seller’s rep have to disclose to me as a buyer about a house?