“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- The seller’s representative refused to present my bully offer. How can that be?
- What can I do to protect myself as a first-time homebuyer?
- It seems like bidding wars move so fast and they can be an emotional roller coaster. How can I avoid making a mistake that I’ll regret later on?
- As a buyer or seller, what should I know before agreeing to multiple representation?
- I am intending to buy a home soon. What’s the best way to find a real estate salesperson who will work well with me?
- How do I know the information being provided in the listing is accurate?
- I bought a house and I’ve moved in, but the photos are still on the seller’s representative’s website. Can I get them taken down?
- We’re looking to upgrade to a bigger home, but don’t know if we should buy first or sell first in this hot market. Any tips?