“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- Can I host an open house on my home if my salesperson is not available?
- What does a seller’s rep have to disclose to me as a buyer about a house?
- If I’m interested in purchasing a home, what does the seller have to disclose to me about the property?
- I’m going to put my home on the market and look for a new one in 2017. Any tips?
- I’m selling my home, but my salesperson has told me that she is taking two weeks off over the holidays. She said somebody else at the brokerage will help me with the sale during that time. Is that allowed?
- How do I ensure the basement apartment in the home I want to buy is legal?
- Is buying a “power of sale” property a good way to get a deal on a home?
- My husband and I purchased a home, but our closing date is fast approaching and the sellers are still working on major repairs to the house. Can we change the closing date?