“Ask Joe” is a question and answer column by RECO’s Registrar Joe Richer that appears each Saturday in the Toronto Star.
Richer answers questions from readers on a variety of topics, including how to spot a former grow-op, protecting your deposit and what to disclose in multiple offers.
Are you a home buyer or seller with a question?
- We’re expecting our first child soon, and so we’re looking to get a bigger place. What do I need to know?
- I have read about people finding what may be human remains on their property. What is my obligation as a landowner if this happened to me?
- My spouse and I are getting divorced and I want to sell the family home. I owned it before we got married, so why does my spouse need to be involved?
- I’ve found a great home that I want to buy but it’s being sold as part of an estate. How will that impact the purchase?
- There’s a home I’m looking at buying, but the seller’s agent says he’ll only bring our offer to the seller at a certain date and time. Is that allowed?
- Client vs customer: What is the difference and why does it matter when you’re buying or selling a home?
- I forgot to include a condition in my offer to buy a home. Can I add it after my offer has been accepted?
- I need to sell my home quickly and am considering a local agent who advertises “Your home sold or I buy it!” What do I need to know before I sign up?