Two months after the MCE program was granted two Hermes Creative Awards, RECO was pleased to learn that the program has been recognized once again. Brandon Hall Group awarded the Advertising Compliance MCE elective with Bronze in the “2018 Best Advance in Compliance Training” category.
RECO stood out as an organization, along with Google and a few others, for developing content and building the course with in-house talent. Advertising Compliance guides salespeople and brokers so that they can produce advertising that is compliant – for both print and online platforms.
Brandon Hall Group is a world-class Human Capital Management research and advisory services firm. For more than 20 years, the organization has provided strategic insights for executives and practitioners responsible for growth and business results.
RECO recently conducted a third-party review of the MCE program’s overall learning experience, technology platform and delivery methods. We expect to share the results of the review this fall, which will highlight how we can build on and enhance the established program.
Haven’t taken the Advertising Compliance course yet? What are you waiting for?
Advertising Compliance has always been a popular MCE elective; salespeople and brokers have told RECO that the lessons can be easily applied to their day-to-day work. If you haven’t taken the course yet, here’s what you’ll learn:
- how to produce advertising that complies with the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002, as well as rules from local real estate boards;
- how to customize advertisements for various social media platforms;
- what to know about “Coming Soon” signage;
- why it’s never a good idea to use misleading terms in an advertisement, such as “Number One Salesperson in the City;”
- the importance of securing consent from buyers and sellers before promoting information about a property or trade; and
- the possible fallout and implications of advertising that doesn’t comply with the rules, by walking through fictional case studies.
You’ll also have an opportunity to design, build and edit a series of compliant ads in an interactive feature that lets you put your knowledge to the test.
Want to take Advertising Compliance? Log into your RECO MyWeb account.