Want to run for RECO’s Board of Directors? Here’s your nomination checklist.
Nominations run from January 22 – February 26, 2018.
This year, three Industry Directors will be elected to serve until May 2021, one for each region. Here’s how you can submit your nomination.
Complete forms and review documents
You can find all the forms and documents you need in the Nomination Package.
- Read Candidate Information, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Obtain two (2) nominator signatures who are members of RECO and not candidates for election.
- Sign the Nomination Form in the “candidate’s signature” area.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.
- Obtain a high resolution photo of yourself.
- Complete the Consent Form for Video Campaign Materials if you are submitting a video (optional).
Submit your nomination
Here’s what you need to include:
- Completed Nomination Form
- Completed Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
Optional: Candidate Video
You may make a video of yourself telling voters why they should vote for you. Videos may be submitted electronically by using RECO’s ShareFile application or on a USB stick delivered to RECO’s office.
- Submit Consent Form for Video Campaign Materials
- Send video file
How do I know which region I’m in?
You can find your election region using this document.
Who should run for RECO’s Board of Directors?
Serving on RECO’s board is an opportunity to have influence and help shape the future of the real estate profession in Ontario. Interested candidates should be passionate about the profession and how it is regulated, with a commitment to consumer protection.
RECO is seeking candidates who possess the skills, experience and expertise necessary to perform the Board’s strategic leadership and oversight responsibilities. In order to accomplish this work, Directors are expected to use their best efforts to help RECO achieve its goals and fulfill its mandate. That means being informed about key issues, participating in key discussions, and showing commitment to the Director role.
What should you expect as a Director?
The Board of Directors meets approximately six times a year. In addition to Board meetings, Directors normally chair or serve as a member of at least two Committees, and may be asked to attend conferences and other events as a representative of RECO. A potential Director should take these time commitments into consideration.
When does voting open?
Voting opens on Monday, March 12, 2018, and closes on Monday, March 26, 2018.
Got more questions?
If you have any questions related to the 2018 Election of Directors, please email email@example.com.